Tuesday, September 15, 2015

2015. 09. 15 1900. Plans

Oy ...

... skies cleared this afternoon (after the 11 AM check out time so I had to commit prior to the skies clearing ...) and at the moment, clouds are scattered, but ...

... prediction is for 80% probability of rain at 7 AM, diminishing to a mere 60% at 11 AM check out and finally dropping to a manageable 15% at 5 PM. I may play this right up to check out time: head out at check out time if the weather looks reasonable. If I do that, I'd try to hit a bike only camp about 40 miles out from Helena. Southbounders have said that there's actually a FREE cabin available for riders. If that is the case and it does rain I could hang out there.

If the weather sucks at check out time tomorrow, I'll sign up for another glorious night in Helena. Weather is supposed to be clear Thursday morning, showers Thursday night, decent weather after that.

This is really the first time on the trip that I've bothered looking at weather predictions. Maybe "Holing Up in Helena" makes me less adventurous?

I'll let you know tomorrow morning on my decision ...


JK

No comments:

Post a Comment