Monday, September 7, 2015

2015.09.07. 0611 Plans

Yep, a 6 AM update from the Colter Bay 24/7 laundry room / shower facility. 

Huh? 

I woke up this morning and the roof of the tent seemed brighter than usual. Was it time to get up but my alarm didn't go off at 6:30 like it was supposed to? 

I'm not carrying a watch (look at all the weight I'm saving) so I had to boot my phone/alarm to check the time. It went through the normal start up sequence but then indicated that it only had 1% battery left. 

It was near 50% after I sent the update last night! 

This is the second time this has happened on this trip. Maybe if I shut down with wifi on and alarm set the phone pretends to be off but is really trying to talk to other phones in the area to continually check the time? 

So, I'm hoping to get a little charge at the SINGLE available outlet behind the desk at this laundry. Up to a whopping 4% and I'm leaving in 9 minutes. 

This morning I'm experimenting with starting the day with mountain dew to see if I can feel better sooner. Don't look at me like that! Y'all start your days with coffee! 

Plan today is to ride 60-ish miles to the south end of the 12 mile rail trail that, uniformly, all of the southbounders tried different ways to avoid because the trail is made of crushed pumice which is nearly impossible to ride. I'll assess the situation from the comfort of camp tonight then ride /not ride the trail tomorrow morning. Tomorrow I will also stock up in a small town slightly off route and might be able to send an update. 

OK, my refill time is about over, having stolen precious millewatts from the US government. 

9%

Shut down, dammit! 

Sorry for the technical / boring update. 

Clear skies, cold, no wind. See you 60-ish miles down the road, tires willing. 

JK 




Colter Bay Campsite

No comments:

Post a Comment