Monday, August 24, 2015

2015.08.24.1605

Finally, Nederland! 

A lot further than I thought... 

It was great to exit the canyon and reach the reservoir to finally see the peaks in the distance. Ah, Colorado... 

It was pretty warm, slogging up the canyon. I took frequent, short stops and just ground it out. 

Stopped at grocery store and got a sandwich for dinner /breakfast. Have about another hour or two until I get to Eldora. Rich sent me an email, noting that the Guinn hut is free tonight, but I don't think I have enough gas in the tank to get there tonight. I'll wave when I pass it tomorrow

Looking forward to a fitful night of sleep then the hard part to Rollins Pass. Probably won't get an update out until tomorrow afternoon in Fraser. 

Hopefully I'll remember to send my satellite messages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment