Monday, August 24, 2015

20150824: Early AM Update

Friends and Family,

I had a nightmare that I was on my mountain bike on the side of a cliff and as I approached a group of bikes that were stashed near the edge, I caused those mountain bikes to slide off the cliff and tumble into the abyss below.

Followed by two support vans, wheeling end over end, out of sight.

Just pre-flight jitters ... right????

OK, all of the checklists have been checked so, after putting the panniers on the bike, securing the camping dry bag to the rack, entering the vital travel statistics into the log book, turning on Spot and GPS, sending first Spot message, taking that first day selfie, I will push off and head west.

One pedal stroke at a time ...

 Probable T= 0: 7:30 AM MDT.

Plan for today is to reach Eldora Ski Resort, about 45 miles away. I will overnight in the forest somewhere. Next day will be climbing over Rollins Pass and then into Frasier.

Today I hope to learn: where to get water in the city, how to feel comfortable leaving my bike unsupervised while I'm shopping/eating (I am taking a lock ... extra weight I really won't need much), how to pitch camp.

I hope all is well for you and your loved ones!


T-15 minutes

JK

No comments:

Post a Comment